Good evening. I’d like to start this post by thanking the readers; I greatly appreciate your positive feedback and encouragement. You keep reading, and I promise to keep writing. Happy days. I have a lot of quick thoughts of varying length to share this time, hence the title. The next few posts will take the more organized, chronological form that you know and love, as I’m going on some exciting trips in the coming weeks. Anyway, let’s get this started.
1. I would do terrible things to have a Delancey Street bagel with lox, tomato, onion and cream cheese. Unforgivable things.
2. I love this place. I mean I really do. It gets better every day. For serious.
3. I simply cannot handle too much more techno music. It is so awful, and repetitive, and just so awful.
4. I had a really cool weekend recently. Myself and ten of the other new members of the RMIT Waterski and Wakeboard club took a road-trip to Deniliquin, which marks my first trip to the great state of New South Wales (where Sydney is). There were five other schools participating in this trip, about two hundred kids in total. We set up a massive shantee-town of tent by the river, and cooked most of our meals there. Saturday, we skied, Saturday night, we pub crawled, and Sunday, we skied yet again.
4a. I, William Wolf, chose to slalom (one ski) for most of the weekend. After one of my runs, all of the kids in my boat were really pumped, and yelled for me to try to “step off.” “Stepping off” means getting up on one ski, speeding the boat up, then jumping out of your ski and gracefully barefooting into the distance. It’s hard. I’ve never tried it. As you can imagine, I face-planted pretty quickly. It was quite fun though.
5. The stars here are legitimately unbelievable. You have to get out of the city a bit to see them, but it’s worth it. Think like, watching a documentary on space, but in a real-life iMAX theater. This was probably what the Beatles were singing about.
6. Alcohol is overrated, although only slightly.
7. I went to a Raekwon concert the other night, who is a member of the deservingly decorated Wu-Tang Clan. There were about 1,000 people packed into a pretty small venue, and the whole crowd was moving in thunderous, spiritual unison. I was in the second row. It was really intense, and as a fan of hip-hop, it was definitely an important show to have seen. “WU-TANG CLAN AIN’T NOTHIN’ TO F*CK WIT.”
8. I’m beginning to appreciate life more and more. I’m a very lucky kid.
9. I’ve been drinking quite a bit of tea recently. Currently, I am drinking Cate’s Sleepytime, which consists of passionflower, lime blossom, spearmint and chamomile of different origins. I put some honey in too. Delish.
10. I’ve been cooking quite a bit recently. Today, I cooked penne pasta with shrimp (referred to as “prawns” in Australia), ricotta cheese, fresh tomato slices, olive oil, salt, and pepper. 7.5/10, I’d say.
11. My friend Oliver J. Westwood recently introduced me to a really cool artist named Trentemoller. I like him a lot. Here’s a sample:
12. I attended a lecture titled “Understanding Buddhism” last week. It was decent.
13. My “Philosophy and Happiness” class is still really awesome. Socrates was the man.
14. Here’s a cool picture I took while walking to class:
15. I’ve decided to grow a beard. Yikes.
That’s it for now. Shout-outs this week go to Drew Kotler, Sarah Shro Schoener, Ricky Nicolai, and my two lovely grandmothers. No particular reason, to be honest. I like short sentences. This post takes a weird tone. I’ll probably be confused about it tomorrow. Later.